Wednesday, December 7, 2011

New house numbers

When I was in Spain about 15 years ago, I bought some beautiful house numbers that I was going to frame and hang on the house. Somehow, between starting a BSN course, getting married, and moving to Myrtle Creek I didn't do anything with them. I had a renter in my house for 4 years who decided to use the numbers and glued them to a rough brown board. They stayed that way until they were removed when I had the house painted this past year. I didn't want to rehang them on that ugly board. My neighbor does some woodworking. I asked him if he could outline the numbers with moulding and cut the ugly brown board even with the edges so I could paint it white. He agreed if I bought the moulding I wanted. A couple weeks ago he returned the finished product to me. A couple screw-in hangers, some chain and a cuphook and now it's hung by the front door. I'm so pleased with how it turned out.

No comments: