Friday, September 12, 2008
1. A free kwik sew pattern to make a cute bag. I'll be in Portland in a couple weeks and will be at the Fabric Depot so hope to find something fun to use for it.
2. American Crafts thickers. I just can't seem to get enough of them. Love them for titles. I like the foam ones, and the vinyl ones, and the chipboard ones. And I love all the different fonts.
3. Parking in my garage again. Last spring I started a total redo of my front yard. My driveway became the staging area for rock, stepping stones, wall building stones, and fert rich (better known as dirt). All the stuff got used up over about 6 weeks except the dirt. I used about 2 yards of it when I replanted the berm, but had 3 yards left. I finally got that last shovelfull moved to the backyard today. So NOW I can part my car in the garage again.
4. Frozen fruit bars. I LOVE ice cream and could probably eat a 1/2 Gal in 2-3 days. And the body I had until this past summer showed it. Well, with all the replanting and dirt moving (see #3) I started eating better and losing weight. So I gave up my ice cream for frozen fruit bars. They are only about 50-90 cal. and really satisfy my cravings for cold and sweet.
5. Clothes that are too big. See #4 above. I'm bagging up a lot of slacks that are way too baggy on me and donating them to our local Sunrise Enterprises store. I anticipate hitting Ross soon for some new winter clothes. :)
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
My photo is not as appetizing as hers, but I'll bet it tasted every bit as good.
Friday, September 5, 2008
2. My dog Freckles. I took her to the vet this morning for her annual checkup and she was delighted about the whole thing - loves to see all the other animals, and even loves the vet.
3. and 4. 6 X 12 pages and page protectors; and BPS Have More Fun class. I'm taking Stacy Julian's Have More Fun class on BPS and this month we're working on 'present moment' scrapbooking with a scrapbook devoted to each day and what that day includes for us. I love working within the 6 X 12 format for this project - the pages go together really quickly and look so nice. And I find that I'm gradually becoming more aware of my present moments. I'm one of those people who is at least one thing ahead of myself all the time. This month I'm working on slowing down.
5. These apples. I don't remember what the variety is but I bought several at the Farmer's Market last Saturday. They are juicy and just the right mix of sweet and tart. And are nice and crisp. Love apple season.
So that's it for this week. I'm already thinking of what I can post next week. See....I'm already ahead of myself.