Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Corn Chowder


Tonight I made the best corn chowder that was super easy to make. I followed the basic receipe for Alicia's Corn Chowder with just a few deviations. Instead of the butter I used olive oil, and I added a bit of curry powder and a small clove of garlic, chopped, with the onion. Because I only have 1% milk, I added a little 1/2 and 1/2 to the milk. That was it. I think it took about 25 minutes to chop and dice and cook and then it was ready to eat - YUM. I had a few pre-cooked shrimp with cocktail sauce and fresh tomatoes and lemon cucumbers from the garden. It made a very satisfying meal.

My photo is not as appetizing as hers, but I'll bet it tasted every bit as good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might have to try that for dinner one night this week. Sounds yummy

Jennie said...

I gained a pound just reading the recipe. Sounds yummy

Dena said...

Ummmm this looks fantastic Pam! YUMMO!!!