Monday, December 6, 2010

Unfinished

today the prompt from reverb (see last post) is to consider something that is unfinished. I immediately thought of all my projects that are partially done: a jumper for Eli, a quilt for Greg and Sara, embroidered Christmas tree ornaments, a table runner, my Christmas decorating, my Christmas cards......and the list goes on.


But then, I wondered what other things might be unfinished that are not material things, such as an apology that needs to be made, a relationship that is going nowhere because someone doesn't want to commit, a promise that is as yet unkept. Those are perhaps much more important than all the projects sitting around just waiting to be completed.


I think this question of unfinished is worth considering at length and in private. The answer also could remain unfinished......


Speaking of unfinished, this house was moved down my street into a vacant lot. It's now being finished with foundation and hook-ups to power, water, etc.

No comments: