Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Different/Unique

Again the post from http://reverb10.com/ challenges me. What is different about you? What do you do that lights people up?



I'm not really sure how to answer those questions. I have never felt like someone who 'lights others up'. I've felt pretty much like the status quo, the normal person, the melt into the woodwork kind of a gal. I've had a talent for helping those who are ill to be more comfortable. I've been an advocate for my patients with their doctors and with their families. I've always felt strongly that people have the right to correct information about their health/disease so they can be part of the solution. I've been able to hold another's hand when they need someone to just 'be' there. My family would say that I'm a fixer. I want to 'fix' broken things. While I think that has been more true in the past, I do still get sidetracked into the fixing mode. Age has mellowed me and granted me a greater acceptance of my limited ability to fix anything or anybody.



So if those things are a unique part of me, than so be it. The lighting up will have to be something that just happens as a result of those unique qualities.



And, speaking of lighting up. This photo was taken at the Tree Lighting Ceremony in Pioneer Square in Portland, OR on November 19th.

No comments: