Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thankful Tuesday on Wednesday

I forgot that yesterday was Thankful Tuesday until after I had already posted. So, I'm doing it on Wednesday.

1. last summer's raspberries: I love raspberries so I freeze as many as I can during June and July when they are in season. Tonight I spinkled about 1/2 c of them on some yogurt - yum. They are almost as good as when they are fresh.

2. freckles: that's my Jack Russell terrier. She's my buddy. Sometimes she drives me crazy when she wants more attention than I am willing to give her - but I'm really thankful for her company.

3. Sunshine: We don't get enough of this in the winter around here. Today was supposed to be cloudy all day, but about noon the sun peeked out and stuck around until dark. Lifts my spirits just to look outside and see the blue sky and the sunshine.

4. Project 365: This project is helping me to see my life in small vinettes. And I'm more aware of all the little things that make up the big things. I'm thankful for the mindfulness that it's stirring up.

5. Goosedown quilts: I love mine. It keeps me cozy warm in winter and is light enough to use in the summer (most of the time). When I was growing up, I needed lots of heavy blankets on my bed to keep warm. I remember that my toes couldn't even wiggle for the weight of those blankets. My quilt isn't like that - I can wiggle my toes to my heart's content. Crazy, huh?

That's it for this week. I'll try to remember on Tuesday next week.

4 comments:

Dena said...

Hey Pammy, so glad we got to catch up yesterday! thanks for having me over :)

pink4u said...

Ooooooo..I like the idea of Thankful Tuesdays!
I hope you stay warm...its freezing in Florida this weekend..nothing compared to you guys though!!
Red Raspberries sound really good right now!! Have a great weekend!!
Joanie :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing again, Pam! I love your list - and I think I need to find a goose down comforter! It sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of Thankful Tuesdays, too. I know I'm happier and live more in the moment the more grateful and thankful I am. And I hear you on the down - we have a down blanket and I LOVE it.