Sunday, January 4, 2009

A New Shelf



This is the little sewing area of my new craft room. Today I put up the shelf and will have sewing supplies like bobbins, frequently used spools of thread, and sewing machine needles in the drawers on it. The blue tin holds hand sewing supplies and a couple spools of thread. I've never had a special sewing area - when I sewed clothes for myself and Sara, my machine sat in the dining area of our country kitchen. And I cut fabric out on the kitchen table. This new space is such a luxury for me. I have enough counter space to the left of the machine to cut fabric or leave a current project out until it's finished.

I love being able to put up the shelf myself. Having the right tools makes it simple and easy. I love my cordless drill and the 4 foot level. The shelf was up in less than 15 minutes. Go, me!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Go you for sure. You deserve a nice space to create in. We all do. I remember the days of dining table crafting and little hands into everything and cleaning up after each crafting session. blech

Anonymous said...

Yes, GO YOU! And Jennie's right - you deserve a great space.