Friday, October 31, 2008

5 Favs Friday

Guess it's about time I did an update here. I have a few things I can share as favs this week.

1. A new craft room: finally am moving my tiny craft space to what used to be the guest room. It wasn't used often enough to waste the space. So I've gotten countertops and lights put in so I can sew, scrapbook and stamp all in one place. Here's photo taken last night before it's completely finished.

2. I picked up some of the Basic Grey Wassail line when I was in the Book store that also carries some scrapbooking supplies. I love the muted colors and designs that are not obvious Christmas patterns.
3. Dena's stew. Yes, she invited me over for dinner earlier this week for stew. The beer was a tasty addition to an old cooler weather standby. Thank you, Dena and Zoe.
4. Standard Time returns tomorrow night. I never have quite understood the necessity for DST as I've had to go to work early for so many years that I couldn't take full advantage of the extra hours of light in the summer. I'll be glad to have it light a little earlier in the morning.
5. This one is more of an UNfav. Halloween. I have a love/hate relationship with the trick or treaters. I love to see the little ones all dressed up, but really dislike the older boys who travel in packs with minimal costuming and who are just after the candy. I also don't like having to take my pumpkins in when I turn out the light so they don't end up smashed in the street. So....my fav for this one is that it will be over by this time tomorrow.

2 comments:

Dena said...

Hey Pammy, Did you get hit up by a ton of kids?
We were left with a ton of candy! I dont know what it is about our house. Apparently we send off unfriendly vibes or something LOL.

Can't wait to scrap in your new room :)

madelineas said...

Love your new room Pam. I have the same love/hate relation with Halloween