Monday, September 19, 2011

Using stencils

I'm taking a weeklong classes from Julie Fei-Fan Balzer on using her great stencils that she has designed. Today I learned about using products with too much liquid and those that provide crisp edges. I was so enthusiastic that I just had to try it out. I used a 12 X 12 Dalia stencil in my weekly art journal. I used Pumice Stone Distress ink for the stencil and then used Jenni Bowlin's Chicken Feed ink with a blending tool over the rest of the page. I then dropped some ink blots of Maya Mists Earl gray and Sunflower Yellow over the page. I LOVE how it turned out.

2 comments:

Jennifer Davis said...

This is so beautiful! :)

Theresa said...

I wandered over from Cocoa Daisy boards. I just have to tell you how wonderful this is. yellow is one of my fave colors. Makes me want to drag out my stencils.
=)