Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Farewell to Dena and Zoe



My sweet neighbors Dena and her daughter Zoe will be moving to Texas in just a couple short weeks. I met Dena through the local scrapbook store and we found we lived only a few blocks apart. Zoe was only about 3 or 4 years old at the time. They visited me frequently and we scrapped together with another friend, Tina.

Dena is very talented and has been on several high profile design teams in the scrapbooking industry. I remember when she was struggling to be published. She's come a long way since then.

Zoe is precocious. Having a conversation with her at 10 years old is like talking to an adult. She loves to cook and bake. How many 10 year olds know what cream of tartar is? Zoe does. When I first met her she was terrified of my dog, Freckles. Now she loves all dogs. It's been quite an adventure watching her grow up.

We had a farewell luncheon and visit at our mutual friend's house yesterday. Delicious salad, bread, iced tea and cupcakes were on the menu. We had such a good visit.

I will miss my young friends and wish them well in the new adventure they have ahead of them.

No comments: