Friday, November 7, 2008

A Quilt for my Son

My son celebrated his 40th birthday yesterday. In honor of this momentous occasion, I made a rag quilt. I am famous in my family for starting homemade gifts and not finishing until months or years later, or not at all; so the fact that I have finished this on his birthday and will mail it to him today is also momentous. He loves to fish, so I was able to find a fish printed flannel and several other bolts of masculine looking flannel to coordinate. Here is the finished product after being washed and dried twice to get most of the bitty strings of fabric out of it.

Happy Birthday, Eric!!!

2 comments:

Dena said...

Ohhh yeahhhhhhhh!!! it turned out fabulous Pammy Mac!
You have got to help me sometime try to make one for Zoe girl.

I love it and will see YOU en la manana!

madelineas said...

Love your quilt Pam. I bet Eric did too. And Yipee you finished it. :)