Sunday, June 15, 2008

Progress Report


I haven't been around lately because I've been busy in the front yard almost every day, and planting a bit in my shade garden, and working at my part-time job, and volunteering my time for the Master Gardeners', and sleeping. That's it for the past week or more. So here's a progress report:

Remeber this from May 3rd? Bare ground view from my front steps.

By May 15th it looked like this:

Note the large shrubs out by the public sidewalk - they will be gone in the next photo. And now this is what it looks like as of noon today.


It's been a huge amount of digging, amending, planting and mulching. I should have the last little patch done in just a couple more days. I'm really happy with how it looks. By next year it should be filled in quite a bit. Here's another view that shows most of the planting.

so that's it, for now. The next post should show the finished front yard. And then I can get back to work on the back yard.......



4 comments:

madelineas said...

Pam it is gorgeous. Come help me with mine PLEEEEAse

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks so beautiful Pam! Your hard work's been work every back-breaking minute.

Anonymous said...

Pam, it is absolutely fabulous! I love the plantings and the dry stream is the perfect touch - I know you are just thrilled with the end result. I love it, too.

Anonymous said...

Pam - it looks amazing! Awesome job.